Substitute Online Teacher
Brainline Teacher – Life Sciences Grade 10-12
Brainline is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join the Brainline Team.
If you have a passion for education, technology and people, this is the ideal opportunity for you to make a significant impact in students’ educational journey towards their National Senior Certificates.
- Excellent knowledge of the CAPS/SAGS documents in order to implement innovative and relevant teaching and learning.
- Continuously foster an appreciation for the subject through the innovative use of technology and support.
- Give virtual classes according to set schedules
- Proficient in giving the subject in Afrikaans, and English.
- Virtual school administration
- Check students’ learning methods.
- Meet with parents to discuss student performance and conduct as and when required.
- Set lesson plans and learning schedules.
- Build resources of value and relevance.
- Provide student feedback, monitor attendance and performance, and advise on intervention where required.
- Participate in normal operational duties at Brainline.
This is a temporary position for the period January toApril that will require the successful candidate to offer Life Sciences to Brainline students. PLEASE NOTE THAT CONSIDERATION WILL ONLYBE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Essential: Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and fully able to teach in Afrikaans and English
- At least 1-2 years’ experience teaching at Grade 12 level
- An appropriate university degree or equivalent and an appropriate professional qualification
- SACE membership
- Excellent organising skills
- A passion for the subject
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with colleagues
- The ability to manage both projects and a dynamic team
- A dynamic and motivated approach to teaching
- An active interest in distance education and the use of technology in the distance education environment
- A superb level of computer literacy (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Moodle)
- IEB experience is essential
Applicants can send their current Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and the names and contacts details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: January 2024
Closing date: 15 November 2023
WE RETAIN THE RIGHT NOT TO HIRE SOMEONE FOR THIS POSITION.
AN APPLICATION IN ITSELF DOES NOT GIVE AN APPLICANT THE RIGHT TO AN INTERVIEW.