Cycle 1 Task submissions
Cycle 1 Test series
Cycle 2 Task submissions
Cycle 2 Examination series
Cycle 3 Task submissions
Cycle 3 Test series
Revise the year’s work
Cycle 4 examination series
A pass result for the previous grade.
Content is available as the brainMATHS Study Programme and as CAPS/IEB-aligned resources from well-known publishing houses.
Supervision by an independent invigilator, registered with Brainline by the student, is required during tests and examinations.
Enrolment is open throughout the year. All assessments scheduled for a date after enrolment must be completed, and depending on the subject requirements, some assessments scheduled for earlier in the year may be compulsory as well.
One academic year per grade.
Completing some subjects in year one and the rest of the subjects in a second year, is possible if you:
– don’t have sufficient study time;
– do not have the financial means.
– experience barriers to learning
Culture and Arts
Engineering and Computer Sciences
Mathematics is highly recommended.
Mathematics is compulsory.
You need to attend a compulsory scheduled oral session in Grade 12 at one of our five branches.
Computer Applications Technology
– Requires the full professional version of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Microsoft Office 365 containing these full versions will also be accepted.
– Compulsory practical examination in Grade 12 at a Brainline branch.
Compulsory practical examinations in Grade 12 at a designated Brainline branch. Additional fees apply.
Life Sciences is recommended.
Engineering Graphics and Design
Additional software required: TurboCAD 21 Deluxe. An A3 printer is required.
The student must have access to his/her instrument, must have passed at least Grade 2 theory and practical from an accredited examination board, and must be receiving private lessons that focus on (at least) Grade 3 theory and practice.
– Grade 10–12: Access to a qualified international Level 1 instructor for practical assessments.
– Grade 10–11: Competing in graded or equivalent shows at Novice Level.
– Grade 12: Competing in graded or equivalent shows above Novice Level.
– Regular riding lessons.
Basic conversational fluency is required.
As this is a First Additional Language subject, the curriculum does not teach basic skills, but focusses on grammar, writing skills and literature.
|Single subjects for Grade 10 and 11||Price|
|Single subject product (per subject)||R3 834|
Enrol for brainONLINE Support and Assessments
Assessment takes place on brainONLINE. This is where we communicate with you, and where you download and upload all your child’s completed assessment items.
Access the study material via the Brainline eReader.
Purchase hard copies
Purchase hard copies from the Protea Bookstore